Le TEMPS qu'il fait / The WEATHER
(Updated on 17/09/2013)
Weather according to Snoopy and friends
Flashcards and Cliparts Maps Symbols Definitions and Vocabulary Safety Activities : Conversation questions Stories, Poems, Idioms and Proverbs Superstitions Cartoons Posters, Signs and Paintings Seasons :
Flashcards and Animations - PowerPoint Presentations - Vocabulary -
Pronunciation / Listening - Cards -
Interactive activities - Activities to print - Lesson plans - Songs
Spring - Summer - Autumn / Fall - Winter
Related pages : Weather in geography
Natural disasters (geography)
Natural disasters (vocabulary and activities)
Weather forecast - a worksheet created by Isabelle Boresy (Ac. Amiens) - Niveau 5ème
On peut aussi "demander (aux élèves) d'aller sur le site de la BBC , de choisir une ville ou une région et de relever des infos sur la météo de cette région ou ville."
Un autre site utile: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpvj0v07
The weather forecast
This worksheet presents basic vocabulary for describing the weather. Pupils learn nouns and adjectives to talk about the weather.
There is also a word search with a hidden message. The worksheet includes a reading activity, pupils have to draw weather symbols on a map.
At the end of the worksheet, there is a speaking activity in which they are invited to play the role of a weather forecast presenter.
Created by Isabelle Boresy (Ac. Amiens)
Create a weather forecast - Geography Resources / Weather & Tourism
"Match the descriptions to the correct climate."
Click on GEOGRAPHY / Weather & Tourism
- Dress for the weather - (bry-backmanor.org)
"Cut out the people and place each one in the correct setting."
- To remember the colors of the rainbow (red orange yellow green blue indigo violet) in order:
Run Off Young Girls Boys In View.
- Label the Daytime Sky (enchantedlearning.com) :
cloud - lightning - rain - rainbow - snow - sun - tornado
- In the sky (with SOUND) - (kizclub.com)
Television Weather Symbols (with a map) - UPDATED
Weather quiz - (enchantedlearning.com)
"Use the Little Explorers picture dictionary to answer the questions."
- Weather quizzes (teachervision.fen.com)
- Weather - Circle the correct answer. (autoenglish)
ex : "This is similar to fog but not so thick and usually seen in the morning.
A cloud B mist C smog"
July was hottest month in recorded history (August 19, 2016) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"It's official. July was the hottest month on Earth since scientists started recording the planet's temperatures."
Try the same news story at these easier levels: Level 4 or Level 5
Different types of weather vocabulary list with pictures - English lesson
British people love talking about weather. Learn about weather predictions with this video quiz.
Weather forecast : explorations didactiques - ACCES PAR MOT DE PASSE
"Peut-on par étapes rendre accessible ŕ niveau A2 un message oral authentique de vitesse normale ?
Suggestions de 3 étapes ŕ tester..."
The weather - Activities + AUDIO (British Council)
- The weather - Une séquence en salle informatique pour la classe de 6ème
- The year 2007 to be the hottest ever - a lesson plan (Breaking News English.com)
- Climate change threatens fish populations - a lesson plan
with "a news article, listening (MP3 file), communication activities, pair work, discussion, reading and vocabulary exercises."
(Breaking News English)
- Weather - a lesson proposed by Randall S. Davis (esl-lab) with :
- a list of commonly-used vocabulary with a recording of the words in RealMedia format.
- a short quiz to test students' comprehension of some of the words,
- a Follow-Up exercise for expanding students' use of the vocabulary in a conversation with a partner or group.
What's the weather like ? - interactive game with AUDIO
"What's the weather like in China? What's the weather like in Egypt? Listen to the weather news and put the weather symbols in the right places."
- The sky - interactive crossword
Leon's Lightning Safety Game, ppt
- The weather - interactive crossword - advanced (BBC)
"It is the story of a family of groundhogs who learn that each member of the family is special and has something to contribute, regardless of size, strength, or age.
Each member of Phil's family was named after something to do with the weather.
On their own special pages they will tell you something about their names, play fun and educational games with you and teach you about weather."
- Weather report - a game WITH sound (BBC)
- BBC weather map game (skyblues67)
- BBC - weather hangman (skyblues67)
- Weather Word Search (surfnetkids.com)
- Crossword (skyblues67)
- Weather Wiz Kids - information, quizzes, games, flashcards... (weatherwizkids.com)
- Weather Activities: (edheads.org)
"Learn how to report and predict the weather at the underground W.H.E.D. weather caves!"
Owlie: Lightning Safety Facts and Games
Lightning Crossword Puzzle
- Storm Vocabulary Words - crossword to print + Answer key
The weather - Crosswords - for beginners (Ac. Nancy-Metz)
'I Think It's Going To Rain Today': 30 great songs about rain
Come rain or come shine worksheet
Sent by Hortense de La Roche St André
- It's rainy (sunny, windy...) - AUDIO + VIDEO
- It's Raining, It's Pouring - a song for kids
- with the LYRICS :
"It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and he
Bumped his head
And he couldn't get up in the morning."
- Songs About Rain - a list (lacarte.org)
"And when it looks like rain
And when the dark clouds fill your sky...
I know the sun's gonna shine...
A little rain must fall
So let it rain"
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN - the trailer (movie-list.com)
- Hells-Bells by AC/DC - activities to print - You can listen to the song (english4all.pro.br)
"I'm the rolling thunder; the pouring rain.
I'm comin' on like a hurricane.
White lightning's flashing across the sky!"
- April Showers by Al Jolson :
"Though April showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May."
(Proverb : 'April showers bring forth May flowers')
- (At) The end (of a rainbow) by Earl Grant :
"At the end of a rainbow, you'll find a pot of gold"
- A Winter's Tale by Queen
- I can't stand the rain by Tina Turner
- It never rains but it pours by Gilbert O'Sullivan
- Rain by Breaking Benjamin :
" Rain Rain Go Away Come Again Another Day"
- Shotgun Blues by Blues Brothers
- Silver Lining by Gang Of Four : - UPDATED
"Your look will always find me hypnotized
Behind every cloud there's a silver lining"
(Proverb : 'Every cloud has a silver lining.')
- Summer in the city by Joe Cocker
- The Wild Life by Bananarama :
"You wanna live fast
Cutting it fine
Make hay while the sun shines"
- Under Pressure by David Bowie / Queen :
"These are the days it never rains but it pours"
- When its Raining Cats and Dogs by PM Dawn :
"So when it's raining cats and dogs.
I won't complain and I won't mind.
When it's raining cats and dogs
I'll understand the reasons why..."
- When The Rain Begins To Fall - sung by Jermaine Jackson
Karaoke (You Tube)
"you'll ride my rainbow in the sky...
And I will catch you if you fall
you'll never have to ask me why.
And when the rain begins to fall
I'll be the sunshine in your life..."
TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER
Study English - Series 1, Episode 19: Weather report
"In this epsiode we'll be listening to numbers and practise saying and spelling them."
Prince Charles & Camilla Do the Weather: "Who the Hell Wrote This Script" (HQ)
"The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall become weather presenters during a tour of a TV station in Scotland."
Prince Charles turns BBC Scotland weatherman - 10 May 2012 (BBC)