Le TEMPS qu'il fait / The WEATHER
(Updated on 23/02/2013)
Weather according to Snoopy and friends
Flashcards and Cliparts Maps Symbols Definitions and Vocabulary Safety Activities : Conversation questions Stories, Poems, Idioms and Proverbs Superstitions Cartoons Posters, Signs and Paintings Seasons :
Flashcards and Animations - PowerPoint Presentations - Vocabulary -
Pronunciation / Listening - Cards -
Interactive activities - Activities to print - Lesson plans - Songs
Spring - Summer - Autumn / Fall - Winter
Related pages : Weather in geography
Natural disasters (geography)
Natural disasters (vocabulary and activities)
Britons 'spend six months talking about weather'
"Weather was the most common subject to break the ice when addressing strangers or even at business meetings, according to the report...
"I think it's a part of our national psyche"...
"We are a fairly reserved sort of people and talking about the weather is an easy, non-confrontational way of breaking the ice." "
Name the Weather
GEOGRAPHY / Weather & Tourism
- with PHOTOS
Wet or Dry? (primaryresources.co.uk)
Hot or cold ? (primaryresources.co.uk)
- Weather (iteslj.org)
Weather lore: What's the science ? (BBC)
"Will it rain on your picnic/camping trip/festival? Old weather sayings may sound like fanciful folklore, but some can help amateur forecasters.
Here are six that are backed up by science."
1. "Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning"
2. "Three days rain will empty any sky"
3. "When the wind is out of the east, tis neither good for man nor beast"
4. "In the morning mountains, in the afternoon fountains"
5. "If a circle forms 'round the moon, 'twill rain or snow soon"
6. "Cold night stars bright"
- FOG by: Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)
- "HE fog comes
- on little cat feet.
- It sits looking
- over harbor and city
- on silent haunches
- and then moves on."
International Weather Wisdom
"Every culture has expressions like this about the weather... you will find further examples of various bits of 'weather wisdom' from around the globe. These might be old wives' tales, true weather predictors, or silly weather-related folk tales and proverbs."
ex : "Snow is due when the cat washes behind both ears."
"St Swithins day if it dost rain, for 40 days 'twill remain. St Swithins day if thou be fair, for 40 days 'twill rain nae more."
The Birth of the Rainbow - An Indian Myth
- Weather jokes (weatherwizkids.com)
- Weather folklore (proverbes) - (weatherwizkids.com)
- April Showers by Al Jolson :
"Though April showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May."
(Proverb : 'April showers bring forth May flowers')
- Silver Lining by Gang Of Four : - UPDATED
"Your look will always find me hypnotized
Behind every cloud there's a silver lining"
(Proverb : 'Every cloud has a silver lining.')
- It never rains but it pours by Gilbert O'Sullivan
- Under Pressure by David Bowie / Queen :
"These are the days it never rains but it pours"
- When its Raining Cats and Dogs by PM Dawn :
"So when it's raining cats and dogs.
I won't complain and I won't mind.
When it's raining cats and dogs
I'll understand the reasons why..."
- The Wild Life by Bananarama :
"You wanna live fast
Cutting it fine
Make hay while the sun shines"
- Rain by Breaking Benjamin :
" Rain Rain Go Away Come Again Another Day"
- Common superstitions (csicop.org) :
- Washing a car will bring rain
Weather Forecasting Stone
Heat wave - a cartoon
- The British way...
Global Warming Era
I wonder why we're getting
this weird weather
I knew it!
A hard winter
LEARN WITH DRAWINGS :
SNOW (dessins et questions)
The sun and God
- Don't be that guy Campaign - Poster - UPDATED
"During the freezing season, the Highways Agency does its best to keep the roads clear of ice and snow, so you can carry on with your journey and stay out of harm’s way. But keeping your stress levels down, and ensuring your safety can’t only be their responsibility.
The ‘Don’t be that guy’ campaign aims to help all drivers by reminding them of a few simple steps they could take that could make their journeys this winter easier and a little less frustrating for everyone."
- What's the weather like ? - a poster