BACK TO :
POSTERS / ADS / COMMERCIALS
Adjectives - Army - Body - Brandalism - Bush - Christmas - Cinema - Clothes - Comparatives - Europe -
Food and Drinks - For you - Greetings - Guns - Hobbies - Jobs - Languages - Looking for Flats -
Native Americans - Peace - School - Space - Sports - Tobacco - Transports - Violence - Weather - Wedding
(Updated on 01/04/2011)
Related pages :
Adjectives - Army
Body - Brandalism - Bush -
Christmas - Cinema - Clothes - Comparatives -
Food and Drinks - For you -
Greetings - Guns-
Languages - Looking for Flats -
Native Americans -
School - Space - Sports -
Tobacco - Transports -
- Adjectifs - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Army :
- Poster Art from World War II : "I want YOU for the US Army - Enlist Now" (archives.gov)
- Body - poster
What is brandalism ?
1. "The creeping corporatisation of schools, libraries and other public buildings, which are gradually being daubed with company logos and slogans.
Coined by graffiti artist Banksy, and expounded on in his book "Wall and Piece"
2. When luxury brands become debased, by their vulgar consumers.
3. Counterculture and often illegal activities to promote a brand such as the act of placing unwanted advertisements and brand logos on property without proper permission."
Brandalism: Street artists hijack billboards for 'subvertising campaign'
"Street artists are targeting advertising billboards in a new movement nicknamed 'brandalism'."
Click here to see the ‘subvertising campaign’ in pictures
Vandalism Versus Brandalism: the Rights to Public Space
Billboard by Robert Montgomery
Brandalism artworks - a slideshow
"The Brandalism project saw 25 artists from 8 countries coming together for the biggest subvertising campaign in UK history.
Over five days a team of guerilla installers travelled to Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol and London and put up artworks that seeks to confront the ad industry and take back our visual landscapes..."
- BUSH :
- Bush - a poster (thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr)
- Christmas :
- Spoken production
"I’d like to give you some tips to improve your speaking skills.
I’ve created a tutorial presenting 5 steps to follow if you have to give a short presentation in front of your schoolmates or for an exam.
The starting point I’ve chosen is a photo I took in New York last December."
Created by Sonia Chirol (Ac. Grenoble)
- Cinema :
- Kong DVD Advert in New York City (theonering.net)
- Clothes :
- Publicité (LEVI'S 505 JEANS) - From visual information to textual information (difficult)
- Comparatifs - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Espace : NASA Posters
- Europe Day (May 9) : Posters (ec.europa.eu)
- Food and Drinks :
contains images which some people may find unsettling
Publicités fracassantes (fichier-pps.fr)
Advert for Coca-Cola Vitamin Water 'misled public'
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) "said it considered that consumers would understand the word "nutritious" as a claim that Vitamin Water contained added ingredients that were needed by the body in order to stay healthy."
Listen to News Briefing. (sabironlangues.typepad.fr)
McDonalds funny ad - Advert (YouTube)
- with the song : "I would do anything for you..."
Beer - Budweiser - Dog & Girlfriend - Advert - Girlfriend mistakes dog for another girl - UPDATED
"Three girls are sitting at a sidewalk café when one nudges the other, points and says something that we don't hear as the audio is off. As they look on they see the back of the convertible at the stop light with a handsome guy and a girl with long blond hair.
Then he reaches over and begins stroking her hair. We can see one of the girls is very upset.
The guy answers his mobile phone and is saying something...
As the guy is talking on his phone the camera pans over to his passenger, an Afghan dog with beautiful long blonde fur and he pats it on the head..."
"If you want to extend the activity further, a tip I learned from Karen Stanley is to have the students roleplay a discussion between the characters afterwards. The girlfriend accuses the boyfriend. The boyfriend tries to explain. The boyfriend asks the boss to vouch for him. Etc."
(Dave Kees - China)
- Ping Pong - Show Bound Naturals - Advert (YouTube)
- I am Canadian - Molson beer commercial
- video and script (YouTube)
- commentaire (snopes.com)
- analyse (Wikipedia)
MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRATIONAL POSTERS FOR YOU (ldaspf.org)
- Greetings - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Guns in the home - Posters (psr.org) :
- JOHN HIGGINS HID HIS HANDGUN SO WELL, IT TOOK HIS SON 3 YEARS TO FIND IT.
- LOUIS TAYLOR HID HIS .357 MAGNUM SOWELL, IT TOOK HIS SON 6 YEARS TO FIND IT.
- FRANK SHELLY HID HIS 9mm GLOCK SO WELL, IT TOOK HIS DAUGHTER 4 YEARS TO FIND IT.
- Hobbies :
- Ping Pong - Show Bound Naturals - Advert (YouTube)
- Jobs - What do you do ? - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Languages :
Avista - The Goldfish (YouTube)
ETUDE D'UN SPOT PUBLICITAIRE : Pub TV pour Avista language school (Pauline GIROUD)
- Looking for flats :
- Looking for an apartment in the ads - with sound and pictures - activities (thewclc.ca)
- Native Americans - Posters (nativeamericaninsights.com) - UPDATED
- Posters for peace (anotherposterforpeace.org)
- School : Back to school Poster
- Sports :
- Nike TV ad run barefoot (YouTube)
- music from Chariots of Fire
Tobacco Advertising Gallery - Campaign for tobacco-free kids (tobaccofreekids.org)
Search by country / brand / ad type / company
Spoof ads : tobacco (adbusters.org)
- Transports - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Spare Parts - Buying a Car - Reading Car Ads (pageturners.prace.vic.edu.au)
(Make, Model, Year, Mileage, Body Type etc) - Activity to print (.doc)
The Beat Bullying advert (YouTube)
- What's the weather like ? - a poster (genkienglish.net)
- Indian matrimonial commercial
(+ "get used to")