- What is Cholera?
"Cholera is an intestinal infection caused by a bacteria - and is often linked to contaminated supplies of drinking water."
- HAITI :
- Cholera in Haiti - update 3 - 17 November 2010
"On 16 November, the Haitian Ministry of Public Health and Population (MSPP) reported that as of 14 November, 17 418 cumulative number of hospitalized admissions and 1 065 deaths were reported from seven Departments in the country."
- Interactive: Haiti Cholera (eastoregonian.com)
Lesson plans :
- Victorian Britain - A Healthy Nation? - information about the cholera epidemics.
"Click on the icons to view Victorian primary source documents. Be sure to click on the "Full Transcript" buttons if you cannot read the information in the source."
- Cholera webquest - Bacteria Wanted Dead, Not Alive!
"Your job is to compile information about Cholera. You will then make a "wanted poster"..."
INTERACTIVE games :
- "In the novel Death in Venice by Thomas Mann (also a 1971 film by Lucino Visconti starring Dirk Bogard), the main character dies of cholera in Venice; the epidemic is a recurring sub-plot of the story."
"In this edition, we listen to a review of a new Hollywood
film, 'The Painted Veil' - and we hear how the film is different from the classic English novel on which it's based."
- HAITI: Anger mounts with cholera death toll rise - November 2010
"As a deadly cholera epidemic spreads across Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince, Haitians voiced anger over the administrative failure to respond quickly to the looming health crisis. The official death toll is 724 though some experts have put it at 800."