What It Takes: Johnny Cash - Text + Audio - 18 August 2017
"What It Takes isa podcast of conversations with well-known people in almost every field.
The interviews have been recorded over the past 25 years by the American Academy of Achievement.
They offer life stories of people who have had a huge impact on the world.
They offer insights you can apply to your own life." (learningenglish.voanews.com)
My English Images - Resources for Teachers
"There are lots of images and worksheets available for download.
Use these images to catch your student’s attention, spice up your lessons, illustrate your ideas and explain some great language points..." (myenglishimages.com)
"appropriate for beginners or false beginners" +
Target Language ex : "Do You Ever?"
- Target language : "Do you ever . . . ? / Sometimes/Rarely /
If I . . . I could/would" (bogglesworldesl.com)
ESL Discussions.com English Conversation Questions & Speaking Activities * There are currently 634 discussion topics to choose from.
* Use for ESL lessons, speaking practice, debate clubs, lesson add-ons,
* Students can form discussion groups for independent speaking practice.
* The speaking activities are on everyday themes and more controversial
* Each conversation lesson has ready-to-print Word and PDF downloads.
* There are 12,680 conversation questions here - That's a lot of discussion!
* 1,000 more lesson activities (esldiscussions.com)
for Discussion "A work-scheme for Higher Intermediate & Advanced Level ESL
1. Alternative Beliefs 2. Animal Welfare 3. The Arts 4. Crime & Punishment
5. Cultural Differences 6. Economics 7. Education 8. Environment 9.
10. Food 11. Health 12. Holidays 13. Language Learning 14. Male &
Female Roles 15. Marriage 16. The Media 17. Political Systems 18.
19. Rich and Poor World 20. Science & Technology 21. Society 22. Sport
23. Traditions 24. Transport 25. Travel 26. Violence 27. Work
28. Youth & Old Age (btinternet.com)
- Practical Conversations for Language Learners Bilinguals (45) Dialogues (70) Easy English (52) Real Conversations
(75) Stories (4) Browse by Topic / Browse by Verb Tense (englishconversations.org)
Question Prompts(bogglesworldesl.com) Sleep, Dreams, and Nightmares / Moods Feelings, and Emotions
/ Storms, Weather, and Natural Disasters /
Leisure, Sports, and Hobbies / Books, Movies, and the Media / School,
Study, and Homework / Mishaps and Mistakes /
Habits, Customs, and Traditions / City and Country / Winter / Summer
/ Clothes and Fashion...
English in Conversation - Listening(Focus
Eating / Emotions / Fashion / Friendship / Health / Housing / Life /
Memory / Money /
Romance / Shopping / Time / Traveling / Vacation / Weather / Work
for Discussion / 28 Topics to Discuss / Ten Discussion Techniques
(btinternet.com) 1. Alternative Beliefs 2. Animal Welfare 3. The Arts 4. Crime &
Punishment 5. Cultural Differences 6. Economics
7. Education 8. Environment 9. Fashion 10. Food 11. Health 12. Holidays
13. Language Learning
14. Male & Female Roles 15. Marriage 16. The Media 17. Political
System 18. Religion
19. Rich and Poor World 20. Science & Technology 21. Society 22.
Sport 23. Traditions
24. Transport 25. Travel 26. Violence 27. Work 28. Youth & Old Age
One or two packs of playing cards and the questions sheet. Objectives:
To get the student used to answering general questions at a level that
resembles normal speech.
To give the students conversational confidence."
Awayis a two player game that can be used to
practicesentence formation or yes/no question and
Big Town- a game(mes-english.com)
It "is a small little town settled somewhere between here and there.
There are over 80 residents in Big Town and even some
that you would not likely expect.
The cards contain a picture and all sorts of information, name,
age, birthday, height, weight, number of family members nationality,
occupation, place of work, evening schedule, hobbies/interests, and
a few of their favorite things.
There are adults, children, aliens, warriors, princesses, and more,
all the ingredients for a very vibrant town."
Island- a game to practise 'there
is - there are' (mes-english.com)
"There are hidden dangers and we must be careful as we search
the island to find the lost treasure.
The game is played in pairs.
One students plays the pirate and hides the treasure.
The second student is the explorer and searches for the treasure."
"TimesTalks are live, online and video conversations between New York Times journalists and 21st-century talents and thinkers.
Created in 1998, TimesTalks have entertained and enlightened audiences throughout the U.S., from New York, Washington and Chicago to Los Angeles,
San Francisco and the Sundance Film Festival 2011–2014. TimesTalks have also been held in Canada for Toronto’s Luminato Festival 2013–2014,
at the 2012 London Olympics, in Paris in 2012, at the Cannes Film Festival in 2011, and in Spain — at Aviles in 2011 and Madrid 2012–2013.
In the past 16 years, TimesTalks have become part of the global dialogue
about film, theater, music, art, books, television, style, ideas, politics and world affairs." (YouTube)
"is a new course from BBC Learning English. Every week, people in London are asked questions on a specific topic.
You can see their answers in a short video.
You can also post your own answers to the questions on the BBC Learning English site.
This week's questions: Have you ever had dancing lessons? When do you dance?" (jeffreyhill.typepad.com)